Here are some ideas for using up leftover proteins in a main course:
- Add them to soups or stews. Leftover proteins like chicken, beef, or pork can be diced or shredded and added to soups or stews for added flavor and protein.
- Make a protein-rich salad. Combine leftover protein with vegetables and a dressing to make a hearty salad. Some ideas include chicken Caesar salad, Thai beef salad, or turkey and cranberry salad.
- Make a protein-packed frittata or omelette. Beat together some eggs and mix in diced leftover protein and vegetables for a protein-rich breakfast or lunch.
- Make a protein-rich grain bowl. Combine leftover protein with grains like rice, quinoa, or pasta, along with vegetables and a flavorful sauce or dressing.
- Make a protein-packed stir-fry. Sauté leftover protein with vegetables and a flavorful sauce or marinade, and serve over rice or noodles.
- Make protein-rich tacos or burritos. Shred leftover protein and mix with taco seasoning, then fill tortillas or burrito wraps with the protein mixture, vegetables, and other toppings like cheese, salsa, and sour cream.
- Make a protein-rich pasta dish. Combine leftover protein with pasta and a flavorful sauce, like alfredo, marinara, or pesto, and top with grated cheese.
By using these ideas, you can turn leftover proteins into delicious and satisfying main courses.
Leave A Comment